Field Operations Manager
Outreach International, a widely-recognized organization that has been eliminating extreme poverty for over 35 years, continues to experience strong growth in its operations. Therefore, we are pleased to post the following position:
Location: Independence, Missouri
Salary/Benefits: Competitive in salary and benefits to a similar position at international nonprofits of comparable size in the Midwestern United States.
Deadline: Position Open Until Filled
Work with indigenous teams outside the United States who are creating self-reliant and self-replicating communities in places of extreme poverty. Use your creativity, brains, and character to contribute to the team of highly-motivated, strong-performing Headquarters’ staff.
- Track and organize all field related electronic communications pertaining to your specific country assignments – primarily by acknowledging receipt, responding to, delegating, and following-up the content of messages;
- Coordinate communications from and to the office of the Director of Field Operations and to other departments as needed, work closely with Field Operations Team Lead specifically for updates to Marketing and Development;
- Conduct regular coordination and strategic meetings with field program partner teams (via Skype, etc.) to stay abreast of the latest updates and pressing matters in the field as well as to keep the teams updated.
- Proactive Support
- Follow up (compile, prioritize, and monitor) requests, concerns raised, and/or necessary actions from the field from reports, documentation, and other communication;
- Travel to the field to provide appropriate support to the field program and/or personnel (travel to the field will be as-needed, however as much as three months consolidated per year may be necessary).
- Field Reports and Documentation
- Stay abreast of field program issues by analysis, review, and interpretation of reports;
- Work closely with field staff via electronic communications (email, Skype, Apricot reporting software, etc.).
- Strong intellect, character, and enthusiasm.
- University degree from an accredited institution with a proven ability to perform comprehensive reporting, writing, and basic management of programs and resources.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience in Microsoft Office programs and ability to easily learn new software tools specific to Outreach and the development field.
- 2+ years of work experience in the non-profit field, preferably with an international organization.
- Experience and understanding of extreme poverty and development work.
- Written and verbal proficiency in another language (Bemba, French, Hindi, Khmer, Nepali, Oriya, Quechua, Swahili, or Tagalog are of particular interest).
Outreach International was just named the best nonprofit (less than 50 local employees) to work for in metropolitan area by the Kansas City Business Journal.
To apply, please email your résumé and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outreach International is an equal opportunity employer.