Position: Donor Services Intern
Outreach’s staff is already stacked with motivated world-changers, but we always have room for one more. Pack up your energy, enthusiasm and empathy and bring ‘em with you to Outreach HQ for an internship!
This is all very exciting for everyone involved. We can’t wait to meet you!
Summary: As a Donor Services Intern, you will work closely with our tight-knit headquarters team to assist with evaluating and implementing improvements to our databases, researching and recommending best practices, assisting with our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Team and leading daily office tasks.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter outlining key skills, a proposed start date, and general availability to email@example.com.
Location: A combination of in-office (Kansas City, MO) and remote
Time: Summer 2021 (May – August): 80-100 hours total
Salary/Benefits: Unpaid Internship
Deadline: Position open until filled
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Evaluating aspects of our database and recommend opportunities for improvement
- Research industry standards and technology enhancement; Recommend opportunities for improvement
- Outline and implement document retention guidelines
- Processing mail and scanning donor gifts
- Identifying and recommending opportunities to advance our DEI strategy
- Miscellaneous, action-packed projects as assigned by the Marketing and Internal Operations team
- Participating in weekly staff and team meetings
- College student with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office and Google product suites
- Interest in and/or experience with non-profit management, international development, and/or international relations
- A demonstrated knowledge of Outreach International’s work and methodology, a willingness to learn, casual mastery of interpersonal and professional communication skills and a general, chill vibe