Position: Field Operations Documentation & Finance Intern
Outreach’s staff is already stacked with motivated world-changers, but we always have room for one more. Pack up your energy, enthusiasm and empathy and bring ‘em with you to Outreach HQ for a Fall internship!
Summary: Outreach International is seeking an Intern to join the Field Operations team for Spring 2020. The Field Operations Documentation & Finance Intern will assist the Director of Field Finance and Training Support Manager in developing and improving training and management of the financial resources utilized by our International Program Partners.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter outlining qualifications, start date, and availability to email@example.com. Applicants should also submit a writing sample that illustrates their ability to analyze and summarize information in a clear and concise manner.
Location: Kansas City, MO
(Open to candidate working remotely, but must be available to report in-person to our HQ office as needed)
Time: Minimum of three months, or a total of 120 Hours
Salary/Benefits: Unpaid Internship
Deadline: Position open until filled
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Inventory contents of the Field Operations Resource Library to identify duplications and gap areas
- Assist in the development and documentation of new Participatory Human Development training curriculum
- Update and improve financial policies and reporting templates for international field teams
- Assist in the development of a field finance monitoring system and dashboard
- Assist with other projects and tasks as needed
- College Student working toward a degree in International Studies, Nonprofit Leadership, Social Work, Business Administration or any other related field.
- Interest and/or experience in international development, international relations, and/or non-profit management.
- Experience with spreadsheet development and documentation of policies and procedures is preferred, but not required
- A self-starting, flexible nature
- High-level critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge and ability within the Microsoft Office and Google Drive suite of programs
- Ability to write clearly and effectively