Position: Field Operations Research Assistant
Outreach International, a global nonprofit that supports local leaders and community-led groups who develop lasting solutions to poverty-related issues. Outreach International works in partnership with nine international program partners across Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America.
Summary: Outreach International is seeking research assistants to support in compiling, analyzing, and documenting the efforts of our community partners. More specifically, the Research Assistant will assist the Field Operations team members in data analysis, literature reviews, and developing reports identifying and then exploring the social change processes that accompany Outreach International’s field work.
Interested applicants should submit 1) a resume, 2) cover letter outlining qualifications, possible start date, and weekly availability, and 3) writing sample exemplifying applicant’s research skills. Please submit all material or any questions about the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time: 240 hours, between January and June 2022
Salary/Benefits: Stipend calculated based on applicant’s experience and qualification levels
Deadline: January 24, 2022
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Review, analyze and compile data gathered from the field
- Summarize findings and data trends in reports
- Conduct literature reviews
- Conceptualization and development of quantitative and mix-method research designs
- Explore current trends and practices in the international development field
- Assist with other projects and tasks as needed
- College Student working toward a graduate degree in Sociology, Psychology, International Studies, Political Science Social Work or any other related field
- Background Social Cognitive Theory and/or other social behavior change theories
- Interest and/or experience in international development, international relations and/or non-profit management
- Experience with quantitative data collection, analysis, and reporting
- A flexible, self-starting nature
- Ability to write clearly and effectively