Position: Field Operations Research Intern
Outreach’s HQ staff is already stacked with motivated world-changers, but we always have room for one more. Pack up your energy, enthusiasm and empathy and bring ‘em with you to Outreach HQ for a Fall internship! This is all very exciting for everyone involved. We can’t wait to meet you!
Summary: Outreach International is seeking an Intern to join the Field Operations team for Spring 2020 and/or Academic Year 2020. The Research Intern will assist Field Operation team members in analyzing qualitative data, conducting literature reviews, and developing reports related to Outreach International’s field work.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter outlining qualifications, start date, and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should also submit a writing sample that illustrates their ability to analyze and summarize information in a clear and concise manner.
Location: Kansas City, MO or remote
Time: Minimum of three months, or a total of 120 Hours
Salary/Benefits: Unpaid Internship
Deadline: Position open until filled.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Review, analyze and compile data gathered from the field
- Summarize findings and data trends in reports
- Conduct literature reviews
- Draft briefing papers and other reports as required
- Respond to queries and requests for information from the Field Operations, Marketing and in-country international field teams
- Explore current trends and practices in the international development field
- Assist with other projects and tasks as needed
- College Student working toward a degree in Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology, International Studies, Political Science Social Work or any other related field
- Interest and/or experience in international development, international relations and/or non-profit management
- Experience with qualitative data collection, analysis and reporting
- A flexible, self-starting nature
- Advanced knowledge and ability within the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to write clearly and effectively