Position: Marketing Intern
Outreach’s staff is already stacked with motivated world-changers, but we always have room for one more. Pack up your energy, enthusiasm and empathy and bring ‘em with you to Outreach HQ for a Spring internship!
This is all very exciting for everyone involved. We can’t wait to meet you!
Summary: As a Marketing Intern, you will work closely with our tight-knit headquarters team to assist with planning and executing Spring events, maintaining donor relations, developing social media strategies, and assisting with daily office tasks.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter outlining key skills, a proposed start date, and general availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Kansas City, MO
Time: Spring 2020: 80-100 hours total
Salary/Benefits: Unpaid Internship
Deadline: Position open until filled
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Supporting the planning and coordination of fundraising events
- Implementing improvements to increase the efficiency and/or effectiveness of the Internal Operations and Marketing teams
- Hosting a fundraiser either on your campus or online, utilizing our Peer-to-Peer platform
- Daily tasks including processing mail and scanning donor gifts
- Miscellaneous, action-packed projects as assigned by the Marketing and Internal Operations team
- Participating in weekly staff and team meetings
- College student with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office and Google product suites
- Interest in and/or experience with international development, international relations, and/or non-profit management
- A demonstrated knowledge of Outreach International’s work and methodology, a willingness to learn, casual mastery of interpersonal and professional communication skills and a general, chill vibe