Position: Spring Marketing & Events Intern
Location: Combination of Remote and Kansas City, MO (Crossroads)
Position Type: Part Time Internship (3 Months, 10-12 Hours/Week)
Position Objective: Outreach is a dynamic and impactful nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering communities to create solutions to issues of chronic poverty. We are seeking a motivated and creative Fall Intern to join our team and assist with critical projects related to events, internal operations, volunteer cultivation, and grants management. This internship presents an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in nonprofit operations, network with professionals in the field, and contribute to meaningful initiatives.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborate with the team to develop compelling recruitment campaigns for the Outreach Advocate Program aimed at attracting dedicated volunteers who align with our mission.
- Create engaging social media content, including Tik Toks and reels to showcase Outreach’s work and encourage potential volunteers to get involved.
- Conduct research to identify new grant opportunities and support grant writing efforts.
Outreach Event Space:
- Draft engaging and informative blog posts related to our rental space and its offerings, utilizing Chat GPT and other resources.
- Creation and management of social media content to promote our rental spaces, showcasing the unique features and benefits.
- Execute tasks related to scheduled rentals, including coordinating with the cleaning team and the security system schedule, and setting up event spaces.
- Contribute to the revenue strategy by identifying individuals, businesses and forums to promote the rental space.
Events & Donor Cultivation
- Assist in planning and organizing a donor cultivation event in the spring of 2024, including identifying potential corporate sponsors, drafting communications, and contributing to the event schedule and catering menu.
- Current enrollment in a relevant degree program (e.g., Nonprofit Management, Marketing, Communications, Business, etc.).
- College student with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to create engaging content.
- Creative mindset with an understanding of social media platforms, particularly TikTok and Instagram.
- Detail-oriented and organized, capable of managing multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms).
- Passion for nonprofit work.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation of $12/hour and class credit where applicable
- Hands-on experience in nonprofit operations, marketing, operations and project management.
- Opportunity to develop networking skills by interacting with professionals in the nonprofit sector.
- Flexible work arrangements, potentially including remote work.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Mckenzie at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We look forward to welcoming an enthusiastic and dedicated intern to our team!