Visual Communications Manager
Outreach International is a nonprofit humanitarian organization that works to permanently resolve issues related to chronic poverty through facilitation of community-led development. For more than 40 years, we have provided a framework for empowerment, facilitating the organization of community groups to collaborate on all stages of issue resolution in an authentic, engaged, inclusive environment. Our marketing team works to spread awareness of our work and share the passion and humanity of our community partners with the world through engaging, inventive, and ambitious materials. We are looking for a designer with ideas, as well as skills. Fearlessness is a plus.
Location: Kansas City, MO (Crossroads)
Salary/Benefits: Competitive within the nonprofit sector. This position is full-time and offers benefits, including medical/dental insurance, paid-time-off, life and disability insurance and an excellent retirement plan.
Deadline: Position Open Until Filled
Mastery of basic design principles and the ability to creatively communicate our message are crucial to the brand and reputation of Outreach International. Responsibilities will include conceptualization, development and execution of design elements for print, web, and email. As such, qualified candidates must have experience in graphic design and marketing, a solid understanding of brand identity, experience with publishing on both the web and in print and possess a strong creative vision for every task. Additionally, this individual should be prepared to engage with coworkers across all departments for collaborative projects, while also maintaining high personal quality control standards to make the most out of the creative flexibility provided.
- Conceptualize and produce design solutions to meet strategic goals while consistently maintaining brand identity throughout all materials. This includes creating compelling designs for print and online
- Oversee and continue to create a strong brand for the organization in a variety of mediums
- Communicate and conceptualize information related to the design and architecture of projects at all stages of production. Some projects will just need clarification, others will require supporting documents such as wireframes or storyboarding
- Juggle multiple projects and aspects of projects simultaneously to assist in department workflow
- Generate concepts for infographics, magazine layouts and promotional materials that function on paper, screen and large format
- Work with Director of Marketing, CEO, printers and other vendors/contractors to ensure a desired outcome, and apply an accurate understanding of quality and scale of materials produced
- Archive projects according to established archival process in a timely manner
- Keep abreast of new technologies, software, trends and concepts to maintain consistency with our industry and continue to incorporate best practices
- Work closely with Marketing/Development team to conceptualize, design, and implement multiple campaign strategies throughout the year
- BA required, with a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience of graphic design within a marketing and communications environment
- Must be accustomed to fast turnarounds, regular critiques, meeting deadlines and changing proofs before final approval
- Must be proficient in Adobe Design Suite (InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat)
- Must have experience using Microsoft Office and Google Suite products
- Must have experience with 4-color printing process, color management basics and working with print vendors
- Knowledge of digital asset management, email art and web design
- Must have an active interest in, and knowledge of, emerging fundraising/communication technologies
Additional preferred (but not essential) qualities:
- A basic understanding of HTML or other coding languages
- Knowledge and experience with social media content management
- Knowledge and experience with event signage and creation of visual displays
- Artistic background and strong creative instincts
- Experience in creative collaboration within a professional environment
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, a cover letter, and a single PDF file with 5-10 samples (or provide website to view samples).
Outreach International is an equal opportunity employer.