Director of Internal Operations
Outreach International (OI), a widely-recognized organization that has been eliminating extreme poverty for almost 40 years, continues to experience strong growth in its operations. The planned retirement of a member of the executive team opens a wonderful opportunity for an accomplished individual to find the deep professional satisfaction that comes from working on a strong team with an extraordinary mission. Therefore, we are pleased to post the following position:
Location: Kansas City, MO (Crossroads)
Salary/Benefits: Competitive in salary and benefits to a similar position at international nonprofits of comparable size in the Midwestern United States.
Deadline: Position Open Until Filled
Reporting to the President, the Director of Internal Operations will lead and manage the systems that effectively and efficiently create the conduit between our donors and work. These areas include financial, accounting, legal, information technology, human resources, and physical infrastructure. As a member of the senior management team, the director will be involved in strategic planning, budgeting, and planning for the continuing expansion of the accomplishment of OI’s mission.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Financial Management
- Review and approve preparation and finalization of monthly and annual financial reporting materials.
- Maintain financial record systems in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and monitor the use of all funds.
- Assure accurate, timely acceptance and receipting of all donations and other income.
- Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow for administration, existing programs, and new initiatives.
- Manage banking relationships, including daily review of invoices and their payment.
- Coordinate with the Field Finance Manager to insure appropriate and timely funding is available to field locations.
- Coordinate all audit activities, including production of the Form 990.
- Administrative Leadership and Management
- Serve as a business partner to the President on the organization’s financial, budgeting, and administrative processes—including HR, payroll, and benefits functions—with an eye to continuously developing and improving systems.
- Manage the organization’s physical infrastructure and system maintenance (insurance, phone system, security, cleaning, supplies, etc.), with assistance from the internal operations team.
- Manage and administer human resource related functions.
- Foster and maintain mature and cooperative relationships with program and project partners, stake holders, and donors.
- Strong intellect, character, and enthusiasm.
- Bachelor’s degree (CPA/MBA preferred) in business, management, or finance.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in the international, nonprofit sector.
- Experience should include legal, audit, compliance, budget, and resource development.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Proven effectiveness leading professionals in finance and accounting.
- Technologically savvy, with an ability to point to examples of having developed and implemented new processes and systems that increased efficiency.
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented.
Competitive in salary and benefits to a similar position at international nonprofits of comparable size in the Midwestern United States.
Outreach International has been named one of the best places to work in the metropolitan area by the Kansas City Business Journal for the past two years.
Outreach International is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email your résumé and a cover letter to email@example.com.